Places to visit in Mussoorie | Wedding destinations near Delhi |Things to do
Hi guys!!!! How are you all doing? Phew! This last month has been so hectic juggling between travel and fashion commitments but I cannot complain! If you are following me on my social media channels ( Instagram ), you'd know that I have taken 2 trips to the beautiful hills of India in a span of 15 days, and a lottttt of you loved the landscapes I was sharing with y'all on snapchat!
So I thought it's only fair that I pen down my travel experience and a lot of unseen beautiful photos for you guys <3 *drawing an imaginary angelic halo above my head thinking how much I love you all!*
The first trip I was on and what I am going to talk about today is the one I took to Mussoorie- the QUEEN of hills.
I feel like I haven't done a chit chatty blog post in a while and what better than a travel one eh? :-D
So without any further delay, If you are planning a trip to Mussoorie, stick right here because I am going to share with you all the best things to do while you are there, places to visit in Mussoorie, best Mussoorie cafes, and if you are planning a wedding destination in the hills and are looking for best budget hotels with a spectacular view in Mussoorie , then I will also be reviewing one of them , and more such useful and exciting travel info!!
So first things first, I was invited by Tulip -INN to review their chain of hotels located beautifully in Mussoorie. This was my main purpose of visit. They have a famous property located centrally on the mall road by the name of Tulip INN Green Castle and a new property in Barlowganj which is approx 15-20 minutes away from the mall road by car. It's called Tulip INN Green N Breeze and offers one of the best valley views of the beautiful hills in the whole of Mussoorie.
After establishing the image of being one of the most trusted properties for stay in Mussoorie , the credentialed Tulip INN has come up with a beneficial package for those who are planning their dream wedding destination in the hills.
Here's what I think of this stellar deal:
Details: With so many guests from both the groom and the bride's side , Tulip INN intends to cater to and respect the needs and space of both the families by offering a stay at the mall road property for say the groom's family and a stay at the Barlowganj property for the bride's family.
Mall road property features:
- An intimate thirty-four guestrooms combine sleek style with luxurious comfort.
- Green Castle hotel is located steps from the vibrant Gun Hill. Mall Road restaurants and shopping paradise is minutes from the hotel.
- Rejuvenating spa.
The spa is well maintained and the masseuse professionally trained. This is sure to rejuvenate your spirits.
- The open dining/ sitting area is very beautiful and artistic and offers a great view of the mall road.
- Multi-Cuisine Restaurant
Barlowganj property features:
- 32 contemporary guest rooms
The room I stayed in was pretty spacious and comfortable. Not a huge fan of the washrooms and the toiletries though. I also feel like they can work better on the crockery. Loved the cosy attached balcony offering a splendid view!
- Studio Rooms with dry kitchen and private dining area
- Beautiful Valley views from the rooms and balconies
Like I said, you will literally feel like you are in the clouds!
- Spacious Banquet Hall for social and corporate gatherings/meetings/ cocktail parties
This is their new value addition aimed particularly for hosting weddings. Its the largest banquet hall in Mussoorie ( 4000 sq ft)
- Express Laundry, dry cleaning and pressing services available
- Outdoor function spaces
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Shopping and sightseeing assistance
The staff is too warm and at your service with whatever help you need
- Doctor on call
- In room safe deposit
- Free parking on site
As for the things to do, places to visit, cafes to explore and eat in Mussoorie, I am going to share with you this super valuable, curated list of things that a friend of mine shared with me.
Mussoorie has a lot of good places to eat:
- Go to chick chocolate for shawarmas and pastas and pizzas.
- Kalsang for chinese. Their chicken devil momos are fabulous and super yummy
- Honey nut for brownies made with honey
- Lovely omelette is a pretty famous shop for breakfast and otherwise.
- A few steps ahead of lovely omelette, is a really good shop for street food- aloo tikki etc. I am sorry I don't remember the name.
The Queen of hills also offers some great sight seeing spots.
- You can skip kempty honestly. It's heavy on tourists and too chaotic to be fun.
- You MUST GO TO GEORGE EVEREST HOUSE. Saying that in caps , yes! Because it is to die for!!! Treat it like a picnic spot! Go there ,chill, enjoy the Switzerland like view! They have small dhabas offering maggi and bun omelette, which is basically an omelette in a fruit bun.It is kind of a thing in Doon and Mussoorie and bread omelettes are rare haha! My friend even suggested staying their post sunset, and downloading this app called night sky to watch the stars post sunset. With this app you can gaze stars and point constellations. It's a lot of fun! The way to this place is QUITE ROCKY, so don't be afraid, the view is worth it!!
- Gun hill ( cable car takes you to the view point)and laal tibba ( you can travel by car) offer pretty much the same view, so we chose lal tibba. The view again was spectacular.
- Don't forget the mall road haha!
That's it for today loves! I hope you found this useful! Enjoy the pictures